Workshop: Continuous pelletization by fluid bed spray granulation
This workshop on fluidized bed technology is a perfect combination of theory, hands-on training and demonstrations.
1-day-online-workshop april 29, 2021
The workshop provides the basics of drying, granulating, coating and pelletizing and outlines their applications in the powder processing industry. This workshop is the perfect investment for those who wish to acquire knowledge of fluidized bed technology.
(1) Granulation, Agglomeration, Pelletization
Basic principles and applications; The presentation provides an overview on fundamental differences between various product structures, like granules, agglomerates and pellets, as well as on their application in regards to their properties. Additionally, an insight into the general set-up of typical process equipment is given. The presentation is completed by an overview of the particulate systems produced in industrial scale fluidized bed processes.
(2) Process development and industrial scale-up
For spray granulation applications; Technical concepts for larger scale fluidized bed spray granulation plants will be explained with special focus on practical scale-up, equipment design principles with regard to apparatus geometry and compartmentation, choice of parameters & plant configurations. Both the core technology fluidized bed as well as the main upstream and downstream equipment will be considered.
(3) Simulation of fluidized bed processes
Heat and mass transfer - Short-cut methods - Microscale models. Various numerical methods will be summarized and explained. From fast and easy to use shortcut-methods to numeric modelling on the microscale.
Hands-on part 1
- Equipment used, process setup & configuration, change of process inserts from fluid bed to spouted bed technology
- Case study, processing options fluidized bed & ProCell, handling, operation, etc…
- See all this equipment at work in various scales.
Hands-on part 2
- Continuous operation, parameter variations and influence on material characteristics, process shutdown, trouble shooting.
- Spraying, dosing of ingredients, continuous discharge, parameters vs. properties, what happens if…?
Workshop language is English.